It’s Friday already! The days just seem to be flying by. Since it’s Friday, it’s time to linkup with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney for another edition of Friday Five. This week, the DC Trifecta has chosen “love” as a theme (which is fitting seeing as how tomorrow is Valentine’s Day). It’s been a while since I’ve done a “things I love” post, so I thought it would be fun to introduce you to 5 things I love currently.
1. Ozzy – My cat Ozzy has no trouble at all entertaining himself. He might be playing with one of his toys, stalking a shadow on the wall, or taking a nap, but he is ALWAYS happy. Not a day goes by that he doesn’t make me laugh.
2. Salmon avocado mixture – This is a new kitchen concoction that I have fallen in love with. It’s so simple and so tasty. You simply slice up an avocado, add a can of salmon, and mash it all up together. It tastes great by itself, on top of salad greens, or on a sandwich. Yum!
3. Yoga – All of my goals for February are about focus, and one of these goals is to do yoga three times a week. I subscribed to GaiamTV, and for less than $10 a month, I can stream an unlimited number of yoga classes. I’ve found some really great classes on there, and I’m loving yoga these days.
4. Speed work – As I train for the Asheville Half Marathon, I’ve been incorporating some speed work into my training. I love 400 and 800 meter repeats. They’re short enough that they don’t hurt too badly, and they’re fast enough that you really feel speedy.
5. New shoes – A few weeks ago, I treated myself to a new pair of every day shoes. I love these New Balance shoes because they’re comfy and have lots of bright colors. They go with everything! Plus, they’re really easy to put on and take off.
What are you in love with this Valentine’s day?